Yep still going strong, there really is quite a lot of work to do so we've been keeping our head low. So I met up with the VFX guy, skybox guy and the producer and spent some time in Europe (even got a signed copy of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident ) but for the past two weeks I've been catching up, but since the last video:
- Zone 'theming' completed, with info icons added
- Tooltips system expanded to include images, started exposing some of that info in the UI
- Skybox and environmental effects tweaked so there isn't as much contrast on the scenes
- Unit construction started (fixed stuff almost done.)
- UI sounds being designed by professional SFX dude and implemented
We'll put out another Overhaul article out soon talking about the exciting new developments.
I wish I had more time to commit to the community stuff really. We've got a great group of people here and they should be engaged more. Sadly i'm running as game designer, coder and manager right now - no problems managing that, but the marketing and community stuff is just too time consuming on top.
Anyways, I figured action is better than talk so i'm getting on with it.
Besides, judging from the Steam stats in general - every space geek from here to China is playing Stellaris
Zone system improvements
Tooltips and additional UI
Early look at fixed unit construction